If you have found the love of your life overseas, or you met in Australia, but they don’t have the right to remain, a partner visa might be your best choice. There are a couple of different options available depending on your circumstances and relationship status. The Migration Star Team are able to help walk you through the process of procuring this visa from assessment, to consultation and each step of completing your application.
Although, there are three major subclasses for partner visa, this visa is broadly divided into two categories: Prospective Marriage visa and Partner visa. The type of visa for which you should apply depends on the type of relationship you are in.
Following are the types of relationship and the visas that correspond to them:
- Intended marriage (fiance(e)): Prospective Marriage visa
- Married (de jure) relationship: Partner visa
- De facto partner relationship: (including a same-sex relationship): Partner visa
The subclasses are of two types: temporary and permanent. In the beginning, partners who meet the legal criteria for the grant of the visa are granted a temporary visa. Later, a permanent visa may be granted following an eligibility period or, if there is a long-standing relationship or children of the relationship, soon after grant of the temporary visa.
Partner category migration also allows for the temporary entry to Australia of fiance(e)s (intended spouses) of Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens.
However, as the partner or fiance(e) of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you are not automatically eligible for permanent residence in Australia. If you wish to reside permanently in Australia you must first apply for a permanent visa and be assessed against the legal criteria for the grant of that visa.
We are Partner Visa Migration Agent in Australia that exclusively deals with Australian partner visas.
Let us have a cursory look at the partner subclass visas based on your location at the time of application:
- If you are in Australia, you are eligible to apply for Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 820) and Permanent visa (subclass 801). You can apply for this visa to stay in Australia with your partner, who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. If the relationship is genuine and still on even after the two years of the application of this visa, you can be granted a permanent visa.
- If you are outside Australia: Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent Visa (Subclass 100): You can apply for this visa to enter and stay in Australia with your partner, who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. A continuous and genuine relationship for two years after the application of this visa, can grant you a permanent visa.
Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
This is for those who want to enter Australia before marriage. In order to apply for this visa, your fiance must be an Australian citizen,Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Once married, holders of this visa can then apply for a Partner visa to remain permanently in Australia.
General Terms and Conditions
Following are some general requirements to be eligible for applying this visa:
- You must be sponsored by a person (being your fiance(e), partner, or in some circumstances, a parent or guardian of your partner) who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and who can satisfy the legal requirements for being a sponsor.
- You must also meet health and character criteria
- If you have dependent children or other dependent family members, they may make combined applications with your application provided that they meet certain requirements
Expansion of partner visa eligibility in Australia
Partner visa is also applicable to those whose visa has been refused or cancelled since their last visit to Australia. This refusal or cancellation falls under the section 48 of the Migration Act 1958 (Act). And hence, when you are in Australia, you cannot apply for any visa except for certain prescribed visa classes, such as a Protection visa or a Bridging visa.
However, from 14 September 2009 you may be eligible to apply for a Partner visa in Australia if you meet certain criteria. Those four requirements are:
- You must not have had a partner visa refused since you last entered Australia
- You must not have had a visa refused or cancelled on character grounds under section 501 of the Act
- You must provide with your application a form 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia completed and signed by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who declares that they are your spouse or de facto partner
- You must provide with your application two statutory declarations from Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens (other than your partner) supporting the existence of your relationship with your partner. These declarations must be made not more than six weeks before the day the Partner visa application was made.
These are some of the basic requirements to just lodge an application. Along with these, there are many others and your application under this provision will be assessed against the legislative requirements in the same way as all Partner visa applicants who apply in Australia.
Aussizz is a seasoned Australian immigration agent. Our trained and professional staff knows how to handle each application thoroughly and meticulously.Get in touch with us for all types of partner visa to Australia and see for yourself what we can do for you!
Get Partner Visa Migration Agent in Australia with Us
Partners Visa in Australia is a program that allows Australian citizens to sponsor their foreign partner for permanent residency in Australia. The main requirements are that the applicant must be a couple and intend to stay together for the foreseeable future.
The benefits of this program are that it lets couples live together without having to worry about visas and gives them access to government health care, which is not available to foreigners. The eligibility requirements make it difficult for many couples to apply for visas. Still, the real challenge is the process, where one requires a Partner Visa Migration Agent in Australia to help them out. Connecting with Migration Star can be beneficial for folks looking for the same. You could not make a better decision than connecting with us.
Migration Star – the best in the business
Migration Star Group is the #1 migration consultancy in Australia that will help you get your Partner visa in no time. The Migration Star Group is a leading migration agency in Australia, assisting clients with their visa applications. Our team of experts will walk you through the process of getting your visa and help you avoid any complications that can arise in the future.
The Migration Star Team is experienced in helping clients through the entire process of obtaining a partner visa in Australia. From assessment to consultation and each step of completing your application – we’ve got you covered.
Quick & easy visa application process
Seamless processes can be achieved with the help of our bilingual staff, who are able to guide you from start to finish. One of our goals is to make the process as quick and easy as possible for you so that you can focus wholly on what matters most – living your life!
Quality, professional service
You won’t find a better service than Migration Star to help you migrate to Australia. Our staff is highly skilled and experienced Partner Visa Immigration Agent who will be there with you from start to finish and beyond.
The Migration Star Group has years of experience helping people get their Australian partner visas to ensure their successful application. We make sure to verify all the information that is related to the visa application to ensure that there is no complication in the future.
Reach out to us today!
At Migration Star, we understand how complex the process for Partner Visa can be, and not just the application stage. The applicant would have to go through a screening and verification process as well. Our Partner Visa Australia Agent will be with you every step of the way.
So, what are you waiting for? Pick up your phone and schedule a consultation with the best migration consultancy today! We will make sure that your immigration process is as seamless as it can be.